Homepage > Residents > How do I...? > Move home?

How can I move home?

There are a number of ways for Hexagon tenants to move to a different area, or type of housing.They include:

  • The Mutual Exchange scheme which makes it possible to ‘swap’ your home with another tenant - from Hexagon to another housing association or council. Please go to www.homeswapper.co.uk for details of our mutual exchange partners. This is a FREE service for Hexagon tenants.

  • Existing tenants can apply for a transfer, and register your request to move to another Hexagon home. We operate a system of priorites based on why you want/need tomove. For more information click here. To apply for a transfer, call our Customer Services Centre on 020 8778 6699. You can also complete the form below (someone will contact you within 1 working day). 

  • Apply to your local Council - all Hexagon tenants are entitled to go onto your local Council housing waiting list. For details of how to contact your local Council, see links below.

  • Moving out of London is the choice of some tenants. For more details go to www.housingmoves.org.uk. If at least one member of your household is aged 60 or above and you wish to move to the seaside or country, please log onto www.housingmoves.org.uk for further information.  

A number of schemes can help you buy a home on the private market. Or you may be able to buy the home you rent. See www.firststepslondon.org or www.homesandcommunities.co.uk/home_buy for more details.

Hexagon has a number of homes for sale on a shared ownership basis. Click here for more details.

Transfer Application Request - Please contact me

e.g. 102325 (no spaces allowed)

e.g. name@host.com
* Field is Required
Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional   Valid CSS!